- 100g Wild Garlic
- 50g Cashew nuts
- 50g Pumpkin seeds
- ½ Green Chilli
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 150ml Olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped Dill
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash the Wild Garlic well and leave to one side to drain.
- Place the Pumpkin seeds into a food processorand blitz into small pieces
- Add the Cashew nuts to the Pumpkin seeds and give the mix another blitz to break up the cashew nuts. Don’t leave it mixing for too long, as it’s nice to have a bit of chunky texture in the pesto. Remove the Cashew nuts and Pumpkin seeds into a bowl.
- Now place the remaining ingredients into your food processor, making sure that you have finely chopped the chilli up before adding. Blitz up this mix to fully combine the ingredients.
- Pour the wild Garlic mix in with the Cashew nuts and Pumpkin seeds. Give it a good mix with a wooden spoon and finally taste for seasoning.
This Pesto is great eaten fresh, but will last well in the fridge for 5 days. Why Not try it mixed into your favourite salads, I love it with chopped celery and mint and it’s a great addition to homemade Pizza