Chosen by our in-house Naturopath Nutritionist, Beth Leopold, this curry is a recipe from Dale Pinnock.
It has lots of medicinal herbs and spices that have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and cardio-protective properties. It's a great way of enjoying food as fuel, but also as medicine.
2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2 green chillies, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
800g (1¾ lb) sweet potato, diced with skins left on
375ml (13 fl oz.) vegetable stock
150g (5 oz.) spinach, coarsely chopped
Large handful of fresh coriander leaves, coarsely torn
1 tablespoon toasted flaked almonds
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic, ginger, and chilli.
2. When the onion has softened, add all the spices and heat until they become fragrant.
3. Add the sweet potato and stock and simmer for about 15–20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
4. At this point add the spinach.
5. Once the spinach has wilted, the curry is ready to serve with coriander leaves, topped with flaked almonds