- 1.125kg baby figs
- 250g dried apple rings
- 1kg red onion
- 40g yellow mustard seed
- 20g ground ginger
- 20g mild curry powder
- 250g light soft brown sugar
- 700ml balsamic vinegar
- 1400ml water
- Roughly dice the red onion and the apple rings and add to a large sauce pan along with all of the remaining ingredients.
- Bring the mix to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once bubbling away reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 30-40 minutes. By this time the ingredients should be nice and soft and the liquid reduced.
- You can either leave the chutney chuncky or if you prefer place into a food processor to get your desired finish.
- Place the hot chutney into sterilised jars and seal.
- This chutney can be enjoyed stright away but will improve after maturing!