For those of us who use essential oils to help with stress, anxiety and general mind and mood, it can be hard to find ways to easily use essential oils on the go. When we feel mentally unstable, one of the last things we want is to feel more stressed, and sometimes it can be difficult to work out the best way to carry essential oils along with us. You may end up resorting to dropping essential oils onto the sleeve of a t-shirt to help to stay calm or alert (whatever you use essential oils for) however this can stain clothes as they are oil based, and can leave clothes smelling weird once the oil goes stale in the air.
Luckily there are some really great ways to carry essential oils on the go, including when driving, at work or school or just in day to day life.
Firstly, last week we shared a recipe for a DIY aromatherapy spray which you can find here, which is a fantastic instant stress reliever as the oils are sprayed around you, working straight away to relieve stress, calm anxiety or clear the mind. Whilst this is great, they can be a bit awkward to carry on the go, which is where travel misters come in handy! You can get 10ml mister bottles which are so nice and small, so are easy to pop in a hand bag, keep in the car or even to keep on your bed-side table. To make a travel aromatherapy mist, you will need:
- a small mist spray bottle (10ml is best for a travel mist)
- 10ml (if using a 10ml bottle) distilled water
- 5 drops of your favourite essential oils (find our suggestions here)
- Combine all the ingredients in the spray bottle. Shake well before each use and spray as needed around the room.
For an even more travel friendly option, we stock aromatherapy necklaces which house small felt discs, used to absorb your essential oil of choice. Wear them around your neck for all-day benefits of the essential oils!
If you’re a regular commuter, anxious driver or have a big day coming up when you need to drive, essential oils can be very beneficial. Use them to soothe anxiety, help keep you alert or relieve stress with a DIY car air freshener.
What you need:
- 9 small felt balls (or larger ones, depending on what shape you want to make)
- essential oil of your choice
- thread the felt balls
- tie the two ends together to create a circle of felt balls (or leave as it is for a line rather than a circle)
- add essential oils of your choice to the balls (1-2 drops per ball)
- top up essential oil when the smell fades
What are you some your favourite essential oils? Pop over to our Instagram or Facebook and let us know! We’re always looking for new and creative ways to use essential oils